We are right in the middle of summer and all of the beach trips, late night BBQ’s, swimming and sleeping in has given us “summer brain”. I don’t know about you but when it’s really hot out (we often have temps as high as 107 degrees in the summer), I like to keep my home dark and cool with the help of the a/c on full tilt. We watch movies on Netflix and stay cool, fool.
Here are a few titles from Netflix to help kickstart some brain activity — if we’re going to lounge around and watch movies, they might as well be educational, right? A few that caught my eye recently:
- Lewis & Clark: Great Journey West
- Walking with Dinosaurs
- Secret Yellowstone
- The Blue Planet
- When We Left Earth: The NASA Missions
- Food, Inc.
- Story Starters: Make your own story cubes to help build your child’s imagination and storytelling skills with a simple roll of the dice.
- Strawberry-Yogurt Swirl Popsicles: Boost your brain power with these yummy tasting smoothies.
- Piñata-inspired Animal Charms: Paint and decorate your own animal charms to use on necklaces, bracelets and keychains.
What’s on your queue right now?