What are the holidays without sweet treats? When the family gets together, I love to see the familiar pink box filled with delicious Mexican sweet bread, or pan dulce. Conchas are my favorite (elotes come in a close second).
Pink conchas are practically art. Amirite?
Remember the salt dough ornaments I made recently? Well, I had to make these cute concha-shaped ornaments for my two friends who are totally obsessed with this shell-shaped pan dulce. I knew it would make the perfect handmade gift.
Don’t be self-conchas
Make your own concha-shaped Christmas ornaments
- Make your own salt dough. Find out how I made mine here.
- Cut your dough into round shapes.
- Be sure to make holes at the top of the circle for the ornament hook.
- Paint with craft paint. I made a chocolate, strawberry and vanilla concha. Let dry.
- Add two coats of Mod Podge Sparkle finish.
- Let dry.
- Bask in the beauty of your concha.
How cute are these painted concha ornaments? They look so cute hanging from the Christmas tree. My friends loved them!